Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Every Relationship Has Its Time Line

Finding and losing love is a natural part and process of life of every human being.  As Alfred Lord Tennyson said, “Tis better to have loved and lost than never  to have loved at all.” We all wanted to experience love, and although the degree of love may vary, still, it is something to look forward to.  But whenever we lose someone, our world always seem to crash, without a chance of recuperating.


As one of the many who has already lost a love, I am sharing my story to help other people recover from the pain of having lost a love of their lives.

I think it is important to know that every relationship has its own time line.  During our teen years, we wishfully think that our “puppy loves” will last forever, but in reality, it doesn’t.  As we grow older, our perspective about love and relationships altogether changes.  We become idealistic and expect more out of it. As we exist, we will encounter different kinds of women who will either be the “one” or just a passing fancy; definitely, the latter will have a shorter time line.

My story begins when my girlfriend decided that she wanted to move in with me in my apartment.  Her lease was about to expire anyway, and financially, it made sense since we would usually spend time in my home. 

I have to admit, I wasn’t ready yet for that kind of commitment.  The current status of our relationship is working out just fine, and for me, it isn’t time yet to move a level deeper.  Of course, I knew that anytime soon, the relationship is about to end.

To make matters worse, I attended a friend’s bachelor party and things got out of hand.  Things that will forever be remembered to have aggravated the situation with my girlfriend.  Naturally, when the word reached her of my wild antics during the said event, she turned her back and dumped me.  I regretted my actions, but I believe that whatever occurred at that party was a product of my defiance to the idea of deeper commitment with my girl.  The direction for which the relationship was heading was too much for me to handle that time.

There are times when I still miss my ex.  We have had happy moments with each other, but I have also realized that she was not the one for me. I loved her, that is the truth, and she will always have a special place inside my heart.  I have spent a period of mourning and over and over analyzed what went wrong.  I was also hurt, but we wanted things differently.  I suppose that men are generally afraid of commitments as compared to women.  I have never intended her to completely leave my life, however, it doesn’t work that way.  I have caused her pain, and I regret that.   I guess what I really want is comfort, of course, in my favour.


In the end, I have come to terms with myself that I have to let her go and let her find the right person who could truly make her happy.  And as for me, I will keep on searching for my soul mate who is still out there waiting to be found.  I promise myself that when I find her, I will never ever let her go again, for I have already found my one true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment